Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Snow is melting

Dearest Darlingest Momsie and Popsicle,

Ok first the big news: THE SNOW IS MELTING!!!!! Yes, you read right. Right now it is a balmy 40 degress farenheit and if you walk outside you can see the cobblestones beneath the snow. I haven't even worn my hat today. Don't worry John, I still have it! And you thought you'd never hear me stop complaining about the cold! My boots are holding up pretty well and I found a spare bike tube so I may be able to fix my bike so we can ride soon!! YAY! I so miss riding my bike! It's been a pretty uneventful week. We kind of filtered out the wasters (in Jake's words) at the beginning of the transfer and we've had a hard time finding new people to teach. But we have our new converts who can't quite let go of the missionaries and insist on meeting at least twice a week. We were able to teach this really awesome old investigator who we found in the area book. His name is Martin and he's from Peru. He has the CUTEST 9 year old daughter named Isabella. She's so adorable it almost makes me cry! We talked to Martin for a while cause he's been taught by the missionaries for a long time and we wanted to know why he's not baptized. It took about an hour before we figured out that he has a problem with our claim to a living prophet. So we'll work on that. He also likes to hear new stuff...so we'll work on that too. On Saturday the ward had a really awesome party and we had a few investigators there. PLUS Juancarlos brought a friend with him. What an awesome new member he is! He also passed the Sacrament yesterday! We were so proud of him! Oh kind of a funny/weird story on Saturday night. We were walking to the church to go to the party and we hear someone yelling at us. We turn and see our investigator Schafik standing in a foot of snow yelling for help. He'd gotten himself stuck. Don't ask me how, but he was freaking out. Schafik is in his 60s and he smokes a ton and he's not healthy so he probably got tired of fighting his way through the snow. He'd falled down a few times and couldn't go any farther. He said he'd called 112 (Sweden's 911) and they'd refused to help him. In USA if a terrified old man called 911 cause he was stuck in the snow and didn't know how to get out they would at least send a police officer to see what was going on. But no. This Christlike operator told Schafik that they couldn't help him and he should call a friend. That was when we walked by. So we helped him out of the snow and continued on our merry way. I love it here but sometimes it drives me nuts! Church yesterday was amazing. I love this ward. We didn't think we'd have that many investigators there, but this group of school girls showed up for a school project and they wanted an interview after Sacrament meeting. They were super cute. Also Eddie, Magdalena and an African girl named Elysee came. What a blessing! After church we took Juancarlos to the Luthman family for dinner. They are super nice. Actually they get put in the saint category because they let Juancarlos stay after we left. We got to teach Eddie today and it went really well. He also gave us a referral. He's win. Also, I finished the Book of Mormon today (and yes it still ends the same. Those Nephites never learn) and I have to end by bearing my testimony that I know it's true. As I was reading it this time around I really prayed for a stronger testimony of my Savior and I know that He lives! I know that this is His church and that we have a living prophet on the earth today. I love you all and miss you!

Love,
Syster Coleman

P.S. Mom, I'd love some Benadryl, blistex lip medex chapstick and some reese's peanut butter cups. Thank you!!! Love you!
P.P.S. Take luck!
P.P.P.S. I call it cup of dirt.
PPPPS Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica

Also Another Treasured Email

Dear Brother and Sister Coleman
My name is Syster Nancy Rose and my husband ,Äldste Charles Rose, and I are serving a mission at the Temple in Stockholm. We have been here for four months and loving the people and the country (even all the snow and cold). Today at the temple we had about 8 elders and 2 darling syster missionaries come to the temple. I was privileged to help do some of the ordinances as your daughter was the proxy. She looks great and loving Sweden and her mission. I could see that in her eyes. We talked for a few minutes after the session to see if there was anyone in common we knew from Mesa. When I was ready to leave I asked for an email address to let her folks know she is wonderful. She laughed and then gave me this one. You have a darling daughter and one that is a very good missionary and has a super attitude about life and loves the Lord. Congrats you have done a great job. We hope to see her again before out next 14 months are over. My husband was raised in Winslow. He had an aunt and uncle who lived within walking distance of the Mesa temple, Lon and Ila Butler plus we know a Gordon and Sue Porter who live in Mesa. I know Mesa is huge but it is worth a try!! Again you have a darling daughter and she is happy to serve the Lord.
Best Wishes
Syster Rose

1 comment:

Brad's Mom said...

LUCKY!!!!
You do have a darling daughter.