Thursday, February 18, 2010

So many men so little time

Dear Family,

It's been an interesting week. We'll start with Tuesday. We started Tuesday out by teaching Juan-Carlos about keeping the Sabbath day holy at the library. We explained the commandment and how sacred the Sabbath is and of course he agreed right away to follow it. He always agrees with everything we say. He's really progressing and excited for his baptism on Saturday. He's kind of funny. He loves to ask questions that have nothing to do with anything and he always starts them out by saying "förresten..." which is like "by the way..." It's pretty funny because we always knows when the conversation is going to get off topic. After Juan Carlos we got to teach Eddie. I love Eddie! He's also African and AMAZING! We had a really good lesson with him about prayer and scripture study. He's really progressing and has said that he'll get baptized when he feels it in his heart. Those were the most beautiful words ever! After Eddie we went to see Josline. That was not a happy visit and we have now dropped her. I won't go into detail but I will say that Josline is not interested in getting baptized. So we are only teaching men.
Wednesday we got to visit the Andersson family. They're this amazing less active family in the ward. We had the best time! They're so crazy and wonderful! We went and visited Haamwantie Hansen after them. She's so funny! She's from Guayana and always insists on feeding us. Her food is soooo good and always gives me heartburn. We' tried to make some changes in our area and focus on not wasting time and finding thse who are prepared to receive the Gospel. I'm so grateful for Sister Hegstrom because we both agree that some changes need to be made as to who we're teaching.

Thursday was district meeting in Ekilstuna and then we taught Juan-Carlos again. Friday, we were supposed to teach Norov, but he came late and we had to run to our next appointment. We were so sad! He's fantastic! We did get a really random phone cal from a guy named Shahin who had been looking at the Church's wesite and said that he thinks he's found the right religion. We met with him that afternoon and we're no sure what to think about him. To be on the safe side we're teaching him at a member's house tonight and we'll see what to do from here. We both think that it's maybe time for elders to come to Örebro.

Saturday we went to teach James, who came to church yesterday all by himself! It was amazing because we had dinner at the Berglunds' last night and they asked him how he was feeling since becomeing a member and he says that he actually wants to come to church on Sundays now! He feels like it's his duty! He's WONDERFUL!!!! Yesterday was really good. We had a group of guys come to church for a school project so we had 8 investigators in church AGAIN!!! And they were again ALL MEN. they asked me completely last minute to bear my teatimony in church yesterday (the way I knew was that they announced it in sacrament meeting) but no one could rmember my name (how long have I been here again?) so they announced that Sister Campbell and Sister Hegstrom would both be bearing testimony. There was a Sister Campbell here (Sister Hegstrom served with her at some point) but...yeah. That was awkward. And sad. Anyhoo, we've got Juan-Carlos' baptism all planned and it's going to be a great week. Stressful cause we've got zone conference on Wednesday. It's in Västerhaninge this time cause we're in a different zone. FYI, Västerhaninge is where the temple is.

I hope everyone has a great week and a good presidents day. Good luck in your meet today Sarah! I'm so stinkin' proud of you! Happy valentine's day too! I know that this church is true and that Heavenly Father loves us all. I love you all sooo much!

Love,
Sister Coleman

1 comment:

Brad's Mom said...

I love her soooo much. I hope she reposts this title in 9 months :-)