Dear Family,
That's right, James made it to hs confirmation yesterday and now he's officially a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints! He's so happy and so are we!! We fasted yesterday specifically that he would make it to his bus so that he could make it to church in time. He was confirmed by the ward mission leader and then one of the Africans in the ward wrote down the blessing and told James what it said in french after the meeting. And it was a good blessing! Fast and Testimony meeting was especially awesome because, not only did James get confirmed but we had 8 investigators there! Juan-Carlos came and then our investigator, Bertin came and brought his girlfriend, Pakita. I don't know if you remember me writing about her but we met her right after I got here and she's so cute!!!! Bertin's been making some great progress. It would be great to get him baptized, but he plays football (soccer) professionally and they have games on Sundays. We'll figure something out. He's amazing! Things are going really well with Juan-Carlos. He's being taught by the elders once a week and he's progressing wonderfully! yesterday we had dinner with a member family and James and Juan-Carlos came. It was so fun! Our ward is really stepping up to help with the missionary effort and I'm so proud of them! We have a fantastic ward mission leader and he takes such good care of us and our investigators. I love this ward so much! ON Wednesday we finally got to teach Norov (the miracle kid who came up to me on the bus one day and was like "You're missionaries right? What is it that you do? What is your church?" And he's AMAZING! He's actually willing to believe! He said he was atheist but he's not so sure anymore so he calls himself "seeking." Our jaws dropped then. We were more than just almost amazed. He's so adorable and sweet and nice and I WANT TO BAPTIZE HIM!!! Thursday we had district meeting here and I just have to brag a little about my improving cooking skills. Sister Hegstrom had a great recipe for garlic and honey mustard chicken that I made and it was sooo good! Granted, I gotta give the recipe credit...but I was quite proud of myself! District meeting was really good and there were no car accidents or anything. Afterward we taught Bertin and finally helped him understand why The Church of Jesus Christ is true! He gets it!! I really don't have any other exciting news except that the snow is starting to melt and it has not been sub-zero for like 3 weeks! Also the sun came out yesterday and it came up at 7:15 and went down at 5:30. Yay daylight!!! I want you all to know how much I love this work and the gospel. Thanks for all your love and support. Keep praying! Love you all!
Love,
Syster Coleman
2 comments:
YEA for no car accidents (the $$$ paid for insurance must be terrible, they wreck a ton of cars in Boise too)YEAFor James, YEA for garlic chicken and YEA for EIGHT investigators. Mostly YEA for beautiful Syster Sweden!!!
DId you attend honor choir in pasadena for the ACDA western division when you were a kid?
Post a Comment