Tuesday, March 16, 2010

So many great things and JAKE!!!!

Dear Family,

Where to start?! This week has been crazy! I'll start with Tuesday. We got on a train to Stockholm at about 11:00 and at 2:00 we got to the TEMPLE!!! We got there right as a session was starting but we sat down to wait for clothes and the temple president, President Oscarson and his wife walk out. They were here to speak in church a few weeks ago and they like us a lot. They were glad to see us and asked if we wanted to to go the 2:00 session. We said we could wait till 3, but we'd love to do some initiatories. So we got to do initiatories with Sister Oscarson, Sister Rose (who you got an email from...she's SO CUTE!!!) and another Finnish sister. It was an amazing experience, especially because all of the women I did the ordinance for were Swedish (last time they were all Mexican. what the?!). We got to do the 3:00 endowment session and it was wonderful. I felt the spirit very strongly and was able to work out some problems and questions I've had. Altogether it was a wonderful temple trip. I'm so grateful for the temple! I won't get to go again for another 6 months so I cherished this trip for all it's worth. I hope I get to go again one more time in Sweden. There's something very special about serving in the temple as a missionary. I'm glad that there is a temple in Sweden so that we have the chance to go! Yes, I do realize how blessed we are! After the temple we got on a train to Jakobsberg so that we could spend the night with Sister Wood and Sister Smith. We had Interviews on Wednesday and it was so much fun! What we usually do for interviews is have our district meeting and then some training. Our district meeting was really good. I love our district! Our training session was awesome and super fun. We made paper sack puppets and practiced finding with them. Our zone leaders have been rockstars this transfer. I actually got to serve with both of them my first transfer. Elder Stocks (ZL 1) is going home next week (eeshk!) and I'll be sad to see him go. elder Lords has like a transfer left...everybody's leaving me!!! My interview with President was good. I love President Anderson so much! He's very understanding and so humble! We got home late Wednesday afternoon and dashed to a member dinner that we'd forgotten about a little...but it was great. It was with the Farkas family. They're from Hungary and they're AMAZING! They have 5 kids who so cute. Their oldest daughter is about Sarah's age and she's such a teenage girl! They told us their conversion story and I just love them. I can't believe I've been in this ward for 6 months and haven't gotten to know them! Thursday we got to teach Henri. I'm so glad. He's actually doing a lot better and came to church yesterday. We talked to him for a while and go t to the bottom of some things. I hope it continues to pick up with him. I love Henri so much and it breaks my heart when he doesn't come to church! Also, we got to teach a lovely lady named Birgitta Högström. She's 80 and win. A few weeks ago Sister Hegstrom started calling all the people in our area with the last name Högström (which is the Swedish version of her last name...her grandpa's parents were Swedish.) and Birgitta said that she could come over and compare family trees. they weren't related, but she was cool. Not interested in learning more about the church but maybe somewhere down the road. Friday we went and taught Swedish at the Red Cross and then got amazing sushi to celebrate my year mark. That's right, I've been on a mision for a year. What the?! How did that happen? I didn't even think I would make it throught the MTC and here I am a year out and 6 months left! GAH! Too fast! Anyhoo the sushi was good. After sushi we taught Juancarlos, who had questions about polygamy. He's funny. We teach him these things about how our church does not practice polygamy and then his frends tel him something different and he comes back with more questions about it. We were able to show him some scriptural evidence and he felt a lot better. After Juancarlos we went over to Eva's house. I love Eva. She's this 70 something woman who's like a danish fireball. Her daughter's a member and lives in Utah. Anyway, we spent the evening with Eva and then came home. Saturday we go to teach Bertin and it went really well. It's been a while since we taught him. Saturday night we had dinner with Maria Lontai, another Hungarian member who's win. Yesterday just got better by the minute. First we get to church and a bunch of my friends from Göteborg were there. There was this big floor hockey tournament in Katrineholm so there were a bunch of visitors at church. Then James and Juancarlos passed the sacrament and that was win. Eddie came to church and there were two boys there for a school project and best of all NOROV came to church! After church we had dinner at the ward mission leader's house, which was win. Henri, James and Juancarlos came and it was great. Now here comes the topper. We went out tracting last night and we'd just talked to this super nice Syrian Orthodox lady. She shut the door and then our phone rings. It was a number we didn't recognize (and it had WAY too many numbers) Sister Hegstrom answers looking super confused and then hands me the phone and is like "It's Elder Coleman." That's right. Elder JAKE Coleman called me because it was English Mother's Day and his companion had about 8 minutes left on a calling card. What a surprise! I almost pased out I was so happy! It was super good to talk to him! Today we had a birthday party for Elder Mccann and Sister Hegstrom. Our district plus the elders from Katrineholm came and we had a blast. It was also a celebration of mine and Elder Hanes's year mark. Whoot! I started reading the Book of Mormon over again, this time in Swedish (head exploding). It's good for me and reading in a different language a lot more things make sense. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. Thank you for all your love and prayers! I love and miss you all!

Love,
Syster Coleman

Syster Coleman, Jauncarlos, Syster Hegstrom and Pontus Edvinsson (who baptized Jauncarlos)

No comments: