Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Oh happy day

Dearest Family,

Yes, it's p-day again...seems like I just wrote! We taught a lot this week. I'm amazed at how much we were able to get done without bikes. One Wednesday we taught Vanessa and were blessed to get a baptismal date for her! She's the sweetest woman. She's from Peru and has 2 kids and she's always very sincere when we teach her. She's getting baptized on Nov. 7 (that'll be an awesome birthday present!). We just hope she can get off work on Sundays so that she can come to church! We also got a couple new investigators this week. Will is this adorable kid (well ok he's like 24...) from China. Funny story about him...We were out contacting and met 2 of his (Chinese) friends Vincent and Julian, and were really excited when they gave us a number. So on Sunday we tried to call them to set up an appointment and whoever I was talking to sounded really confused and didn't even remember meeting us! I kept trying to ask which of them I was talking to and the guy was like ok...so we'd gotten the appointment all set up and finally I'm like, "and who is this by the way?" He answers, "Will." Explains so much. Anyway he was super nice and met with us and came to church yesterday and really liked it. He's a nice guy and I hope we can get a baptismal date for him soon! We also met this interesting African guy named Brice. Kind of a cool story about him too. We've been teaching his friend (Bertin who lives with Paquita who we also teach...I think I wrote about them like 3 weeks ago...anyway...) and he (Brice) was visiting Bertin from Karlskoga and saw that they had a Book of Mormon and told Bertin how interested he was in our church. So the next time we taught Bertin, he called Brice and we talked to him and he just kept saying that he was VERY interested in our church. Way cool. So on Saturday we took the looooonnnggg bus to Karlskoga and met Brice. After some confusion trying to figure out where to meet him, we taught the 1st lesson and challenged him to baptism on Nov. 14. So we're praying that that really happens! Anyway, it's been an awesome week. Mostly because we got NEW BIKES!!! Well they're not new...they're old missionary bikes from Stockholm, but they're new to us! And they're in good condition and they're BIKES! I''ve never been so grateful for a bike in my life. Although I do have to get used to that darn seat again...not complaining. I have a bike! We can do so much more with bikes it's amazing! We still travelled quite a bit this week. Just today we were in a nearby town called Arboga to talk about the Church in a religion class at the high school there. It was super fun. And of course the first 2 questions they asked were how do we feel about homosexuals and abortion. I gotta learn how to explain that better in Swedish...it comes out really weird. But we were able to introduce some of our basic beliefs and where the church started. One girl asked us how we became believers and I was able to bear my testimony and realized that I really do KNOW that this Church is true! I've been praying to really have that knowledge and Heavenly Father is blessing me with it! I had another really cool experience this past week. I've been trying a little project with the Book of Mormon and have really been studying it deeply and very often. Every page I turn I find something new there! The book's not new, but it becomes more special to me every day. I love the Book of Mormon! It's the word of God! I love you all and miss you!

Love,
Syster Coleman

3 comments:

Brad's Mom said...

And to echo your comments - no play, no musical or school classes could ever be as amazing, testimony building or spiritually enlightening as Sister Sweden's mission. She has just blossomed. I am in awe of her success and her ability to open her mouth and connect with people of all nations. They see the light that she carries and want to have it. She is truely in God's Army.

Brian said...

Örebro? That's not a bad place at all. It's no Göteborg outreach but it sounds like you're doing well there ;)

Brian said...

Wait....I just realized she probably doesn't read these...good thing that wasn't in Swedish.