Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Sister Missionaries Sang as they Walked and Walked

Dear Family,

LONGEST WEEK EVERRR!!!! On Tuesday, we took a nice long bus ride (aka nap) to a nearby town to have dinner with a couple in our ward. They're a very nice family. Then we cam home and taught a new investigator. It was really neat because we taught him the plan of salvation and he was really receptive and the Spirit was very strong. After him we taught one of our older investigators, Josline. She's from Africa and she's so cute! She has the cutest baby. She could get baptized if she would just get married...yes, another one of those. On Wednesday morning we were very sad. I looked out our window and thought, "Something's not right here...why is my bike lock on the ground...I know I locked it...what's missing here? GASP!! SISTER LUNDEN OUR BIKES ARE GONE!!!!!" Yes, BOTH of our bikes were stolen. That was a horrible morning. Especially after I had to call the office. I cried. Sister Lunden cried. We have to walk EVERYWHERE!! This city's not very big, but it seems a lot bigger when you have to walk across it. We also take the bus, but We don't know the busses very well and they're not very reliable. PLUS it's getting super cold! I had like 4 pairs of tights on the other day and still froze! So Wednesday was interesting. We got to go fill out stolen bike reports at the police station...i really don't know if that'll help anything. In the meantime we get to look for new bikes...with our tons of free time. On Thursday we had district meeting in the elders' area in a city called Västerås. It's about an hour train ride away. So we really didn't have time for anything but that on Thursday because when we got home we had no bikes and had to wait for the bus for like 30 minutes...ugh! On Friday we took an hour long busride to Karlskoga to have dinner with a member. Our area's kinda funny because it's so big, but we really don't have time to get to the other cities around here! But we went to Karlskoga and then came back and that took like the whole evening. On Saturday we got to watch CONFERENCE!!! We watched the Relief Society Session taht afternoon and the the Saturday Morning Session at about 6:00...same time as you guys watched it. The Saturday afternoon session was rebroadcast on Sunday afternoon. Priesthood session was at 11:00 Sunday morning. Joe, I was so excited that you got to see priesthood session for the first time! I can't believe how fast everyone's growing up! It was also my first time seeing priesthood session :) We had an investigator there and it was really cool! We watched the Sunday morning session at the same time as you guys and we still have yet to see the Sunday afternoon session. We watched it in Swedish and it was good, but it's more meaningful to me in English. I still LOVED it...but about halfway through Sunday morning session my head just started pounding and my Swedish turned completely off! I can't wait to read the Ensign and see just how good Elder Holland's talk was! I'm so jealous! Yesterday we had Zone Conference in Stockholm (we really do live in Örebro!) and it was wonderful! We had Elder Paya from the Area 70 there and he's wonderful. He and his wife were there and they're from France. It was a great conference and a wonderful weekend. I'm charged and ready to recommit and get to work! I loved President Monson's conference talk on service. It was like he was talking to me! I know that he is truly a prophet of God! I know that this Church is true and that we are doing the Lord's work. I know that Jesus Christ lives and that he is our personal Savior. He's my best friend! I love you and miss you all!

Love,
Sister Coleman

P.S. I know I promised I'd email at the normal time this week, but I lied...sorry...we have a ton to do today! Love you!

Some Pics of our cute Syster Sweden




No comments: