Tuesday, September 1, 2009

She's really going to do it

Dear family,

First new first: Sissela has actually committed to be baptized! We've had a date set up for about a month now but were a little unsure because she kept saying that she hoped she would be baptized that day. Well yesterday at church she just kept telling everyone "I'm getting baptized on 12 sept. Can you come?" Then after sacrament meeting she leans over to me and goes "So I want to ask Rickard Magnusson and Paul Murphy to speak at my baptism." I was like, "OK no problem!" She's really gonna do it and she's got like the whole service planned and is putting it all together! I told her that we could do it but she wants to. It's her baptism so no problem!!!!! We're gonna have to move Charity back a week because she hasn't been to church in 3 weeks. She's been really hard to get ahold of...she's just African. We've also been teaching a girl from Mexico named Marcella. She's adorable! We think we can get a baptismal date for her pretty soon but I know that she wants to be a part of this church. She loves what we're teaching her. She just needs to understand why she needs to be baptized again (she was raised Catholic). that shouldn't be a problem because she's really accepting and open and willing to learn. We've also taught this very devout Catholic boy named Josef a few times. Pretty much all he wanted to do was discuss the differences between our church and the truth (aka Catholic). We've gotten waay off topic with him a few times and we'll probably have to stop teaching him. We're a little nervous because he's invited us to a youth activity after his Wednesday night Mass and we said that we'll go. His priest will be there and apparently his friends have a lot of questions...We told him we were worried about that and he's like "If you want you can bring one of your friends who speaks Swedish." So we're asking one of the counselors in the stake presidency. Or the area Seventy who's in our ward...whoever we can get. We had a pretty great week last week! We went to a town about an hour and a half away called Skövde for interviews. It was great. We found out that Sister Cherrington is training next transfer but we don't know where. President may have asked her if she could ride a bike...but I may not be here for very much longer. I'm really worried about that because I'm so not ready to leave Göteborg! I love this ward so much and our investigators are amazing and I don't know if I can live without the Rosevears!!!! Whew I gotta stop thinking about it...It's not for another 2 weeks anyway...think about something else! We had a lot of success in Skövde. We were all able to go out contacting for 3 beautiful hours. And by all I mean all the missionaries in our zone. Skövde's been having a rough time and they need people to teach. They divided up all the elders into new companionships and Sister Cherrington and I went out with a member and we got 5 phone numbers. Altogether I think we ended up with 20 total phone numbers for the sweet Skövde elders. The miracle was that it had been super rainy that morning but we all started praying for good weather and the sky cleared right up. The Lord wants this work done! I'm so glad to hear more good news about Jake. It sounds like he's gonna get to work in the office for a while. What a fun job! I can't believe he's almost been out a year. Wait, that means I'm almost to my 6 month mark...NEXT WEEK!!!! Where does the time go??!! This time next year I'll pretty much be back in Mesa! Weird. Speaking of weird Sister Cherrington and I finally got some mail today (it was a very happy moment indeed...we screamed so loud that I think our neighbors thought someone was dying!). Anyway we both got a wonderful letter from Sister Goates. She's doing really well and it was super good to hear from my mommy! It's also so weird to thing that she's in the real world and she's not Sister Goates anymore...she has a name...woah. I hope you all have a wonderful week. here's a big hug from me to all of you! Thank you for all of your prayers on our behalf and for Sissela. I know they're working! I miss you and love you all!

Love,
Sister Coleman

1 comment:

Brad's Mom said...

She's putting the Elders to shame, I love it!!!