Thursday, July 16, 2009

The plan of salvation and legalizing marijuana




Dear Family,

Ok don't know what happened but my email just sent itself so just ignore the first one...Anyhoo WHAT A WEEK!!! We got sister Goates off this morning and it's so weird. My companions don't get here till 8 tonight so I'm spending the day with the Rosevears. Yay! It's really strange not to be with Sister Goates. I feel a little lost...But I'll get over it. I've got 2 new companions on their way and I know they're both wonderful. Mom, Sister Cherrington is the one that President Ahlander told you about who sings. She's so fun and was trained by Sister Goates so it'll be amazing. I don't know much about Sister Lindberg except that most of the YSAs know her and they say she's amazing. Another bit of news...Sister Wood is training! I talked to her last night and she's kinda nervous. That's understandable. She's training her second transfer AND double transferring into and area. But if anyone can handle it it's her. We had a really busy week last week because we wanted to get as many teaches in as we could and boy did we! I hope it was a good last week for Sister Goates. She was really not wanting to go home. We were coming back from a teach last week and she goes "This is so stressful!" And then I was like I know isn't it great? And she stops and goes " of course it is! This is why I love a mission!" She was so right. That's what makes the mission fun. Filling every second with something. We were so tired after last week, but it was wonderful. We've been kinda panicked since sunday trying to get things ready for transfers. After president called on Tuesday and told us that we were going to be 3 for a while i kinda panicked. Our apartment is teeny and is really only equipped for 2 people. But we figured out how to put the bunk beds back together and the Rosevears have and extra bed that we can use so it'll be fine. As sad as I was to see Sister Goates go, it was a relief! I know she was relieved, as much as she didn't want to go. It's like you said about road shows mom: The best part is when they're done because then you don't ahve to worry about it anymore. Plus I inherited a bunch of winter clothes...actually clothes in general. Yay! Oh about my subject...The past few Saturdays we've gone out and drawn the Plan of Salvation in sidewalk chalk and that gives us a really good opportunity to talk to people & stuff. This past Saturday we really wanted to do it because it was the last time for the ZLs and Sister Goates but it had been raining for like 3 days. So we all prayed really hard that it would clear up and it did! We had just enough time to draw the whole thing (I'll send a picture because it looks really cool!) and talk about it with quite a few people. Sister Goates even got us a few numbers! Anyway we're standing talking to people and this guy runs up and grabs a piece of chalk and starts drawing. We were so scared that he was drawing something nasty but it turned out to be this huge marijuana leaf...right under our Plan of Salvation! Under the leaf he wrote "legalize". Thanks dude. As soon as he left one of the elders and I started to scrub it away. the miracle was that it started raining really hard right then. The moral of the story: don't leave your sidewalk chalk accessible to potheads. Sunday was also quite a day! I though it was funny, mom because you just sent me that story from that sister. On Saturday morning the first counselor in primary called and asked us to do singnig time (in swedish...that was interesting) so we did that instead of relief society. Then we had a few investigators there so we went to the investigator class. THEN I sang in sacrament meeting and Sister Goates gave a talk. I've also been asked to speak next Sunday. In Swedish. I should start working on that...At the end of the meeting the congregation stood and sang till we meet again to sister goates. I couldn't sing cause I was crying too hard. So was she. It was awful. But I love our ward! they love the missionaries and they're so helpful. And they feed us all the time. Anyway, I'm doing alright. I miss Sister Goates but things'll get better when my new comps get here. The work is going really well. We've got so much to do and not enough time to do it all. It's wonderful! I know that this Church is true and that I'm doing the Lord's work. Love you all!

Love,
Syster Coleman

1 comment:

Brad's Mom said...

Only on a mission would pot and the plan of salvation meet. She sounds great.