Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Swedish 4th of July



Dear Family,

First of all, sorry that I'm emailing late. I forgot to tell you that we'd be emailing today. We will also be emailing next Wednesday-ish because of transfers. Can you believe I'm almost through with my 1st transfer in Sweden?! That's weird. I can't figure out where it went! Anyway, we were really busy last week which is good and not so good...the busier we are the faster the week goes. That's bad beacuse the more we do the sooner Sister Goates leaves...We got to celebrate the 4th of July with the Murphys. It was super fun. They had a barbeque and American trivia with Reese's for prizes...mmm! Sunday was wonderful. We had 4 investigators in sacrament meeting! It was perfect because it was testimony meeting. The Spirit is always really strong there. Things are going really well with Sissela. She's decided that she wants to keep learning about the Church and we hope she'll decide to get baptized soon. She's so wonderful and I know we'll all be friends forever. I bore my testimony on Sunday and it was so scary! Almost as scary as that on Sunday a few weeks ago...They've asked me to sing in Church next week and speak on the 19th. Sister Goates gets to speak next week. It's like a sister missionary fest these next few weeks. Monday we had interviews. I asked President if Sister Goates could stay...it didn't work. But we'll survive. After District Meeting we got to go meet Thomas and Candace and it was wonderful! We spent the afternoon showing them around Göteborg and they came and saw the institute. It was so good to see them! Thank you guys for a great day! Since we had interviews on Monday, we moved our p-day to yesterday. We spent the afternoon at our friend Rich's house and we made cookies and cake and he taught us how to make fish tacos. Not that I'll be making them any time soon. We have dinners lined up almost every night. And don't worry mom, I'm not getting chunky. We only have time to eat like one meal a day anyway. The reason we're emailing today is because the Rosevears, our senior couple, were on a lovely Swedish holiday with their daughter and granddaughter who came to visit. We've been so sad without them here! But they're back now and it's wonderful. We love them so much! Also, I'm sorry to hear about Rip. I may have cried a little. But he was out of lives anyway. I think he used most of them on that telephone pole...It's nice to hear that my missionary plague is here...actually that doesnt' sound nice. BTW is my plaque up yet? Haha. And mom, Sunday is not a day of rest on a mission. In fact rearrange the word rest and add an s and you get stress...oh wait...add 2 s's...aw dang. Anyway, Where was I? Oh ýeah Sundays...one of us is always asked to play the piano in relief Society and if we don't have investigators for the investigator class we're usually asked to teach primary or the ysa class. It usually takes us a good hour to get out of the chapel afterward and then we usually have member dinners and teaches for the rest of the afternoon. Sometimes we don't even see our aprtment till 9:30...whew! Makes me miss MTC Sundays! (Did I just say that?). I hope everyboday has a good week! Love you and miss you all!



Love,

Sister Coleman

1 comment:

Janet said...

Fish Taco's....YUM!! She sounds really happy and I'm so glad she can share her beautiful voice. (And they are so lucky to hear it!!)