Dear Family,
Well a great week turned into an amazing weekend! We were able to meet with our investigator Sissela a few times. She's wonderful and we're praying that she decides to be baptized. She's just adorable and smart and is totally ready to be baptized, but doesn't realize it. We also met a wonderful girl named Manuela from Columbia and got to teach her. She had some concerns about the differences between Mormonism and Catholicism (like she wonders why we don't pray to the Virgin Mary...) but she's very smart and willing to learn. We were also able to teach a Japanese girl named Namiko. She's brilliant! We taught her the first lesson and she just soaked it all in. She asked the most amazing questions and was super excited when we gave her a Japanese Book of Mormon. We've met the most amazing people this week! We had the institute closing social/Caroline Anstensen's farewell party. We had 3 investigators come. It was a miracle. On Thursday we had lunch with Caroline and her sister and mom. That was wonderful and super emotional. We gave her some of our favorite scriptures and we all cried. Sister Goates and I had major flashbacks that we had to stop thinking about because they made us melancholy. We had to go out and contact to get our minds off of it. And it worked. On Saturday we had the adult session of stake conference. We weren't supposed to go but they asked us to perform a few numbers. It went really well. They were both numbers written by Bro. Baker from our ward. They were kind of cheesy, but it was fun and I was glad to be there. Yesterday was a day of miracles. It was stake conference and it was a broadcast from Salt Lake to finland, Seden Norway, Iceland and Denmark. We got to hear from Elder Jensen from the 70, Sister Dibb from the Young Women, Elder Christofferson and President Monson. It was wonderful. After the meeting the Anderssons from our ward came up to us and asked us if we would teach their boys' friend Tommi. He's 12 years old and has decided that he wants to be baptized! We taught him yesterday afternoon and it was amazing. The Spirit was so strong and he's totally prepared. His mom's a mmber, but she's not active. He said that when he told her she was so happy and they both cried. Heck, we all cried last night! We're hoping he can get baptized at the end of this month so that he can go to Stockholm and do baptisms in the temple with the Anderssons at the end of July. YAY!!!!! On Saturday night the elders called us to let us know that their investigator, Emil, had decided to get baptized on Sunday (and would I please sing at the service...)! This was fantastic and Sister Goates and I both just screamed. Emil is wonderful. He found the Church on his own and was there my first Sunday in the ward. The elders taught him for the first time and he wanted to get baptized right then. he also wants to go on a mission when he can. His baptism was going to be delayed for like a week, but he decided that it was right after all and got baptized yesterday!!!!!! So I learned this week that when we are obedient and faithful, miracles DO happen. Anyway, I'm glad to hear that things are going well there. Joe, thanks for your email and I'm so glad that Geronimo was fun. I'm also glad that Devon didn't throw up on you. Sarah, have a BLAST at EFY. Just be wonderful and remember that you are a daughter of God and He loves you. John, you're smokin'. Have fun in Swim lessons. Who is your teacher? Do you like the pool? Mom, I hope your migraine is better. Aren't you glad that you don't have to drive to Flagstaff today? Dad, have fun with that. Are you just taking up Sarah and Brittni or are others going too? That's all I have for this week. We did get to go see another gorgeous castle today. I can't remember what it was called but I took pictures...they'll come...eventually. I don't know how, but I'll get them there. I lvoed the pictures on Jake's blog. So did my friend Isabel. Especially the CTR one.Good to see he's still Jake. OH!!!! About Elder MÄnhammar (his name is Max)...he's from Göteborg and he's so cool. I talked to him for a few minutes at the institutes goodbye party for him and he was really excited to get to meet Jake. I'm so glad they got to meet! I also can't bleieve that they double transferred out of Helston. It'll be nice to get some new blood in there though. And one more thing! Yesterday when we were walking to the chapel we met this family from Arizona! they're here on vacation because the dad served here. He said that they do a bunch of Swedish celebrations in Phoenix and said that he'd call me about them when I get back. So I gave him my name and address and phone number. He also said that he'd call you guys when they get home. I didn't get his name (oops) but he's really cool. So if you get a call from and unfamiliar name in Glendale it's probably him. Maybe write down the name and number for me? He's taught his kids like fluent Swedish. It's amazing. I love you all and hope you have a good week!
Love,
Sister Coleman
No comments:
Post a Comment