Monday, June 8, 2009

Pin the nametail I mean nametag on the Missionary

Dear Family and Friends,

Where did the week go?! I feel like I just emailed you! There's really not much to report this week. We did have an investigator come to testimony meeting yesterday. It was wonderful. This Spirit was so strong and afterward she goes, "This was so wonderful! I can't wait to come back again!" That was like music to my ears! She's so sweet. Her name is Sissela and she's just adorable! She's 22...but seems way older. All of the Swedes seem way older than they really are. Except the Young Women in our ward. Because Young Women are the same everywhere. Anyway, Saturday was Sweden's National day so our ward had a party. They asked Sister Goates and I to do a little activity for the primary kids so we came up with Pin the Nametag on the Missionary. We drew a big missionary and had little post-it's that we made to look as much like our nametags as we could and it was really fun. The kids just mostly liked the candy. Yesterday was amazing. We had a missionary fireside. We put together this fireside and had all of the YSAs fst for the missionary work. It was a great day and a great fireside. Sister Goates spoke and I sang. We had a few of the YSAs who've been on missions or are between ( one guy had to come home for health issues, but he's goin back soon) missions speak. Then all of the missionaries (plus a few of the YSA girls because I was the only sister singing because sister goates was playing) sang the EFY Medley (you know As Sisters In Zion and We'll Bring the World His Truth). It was fantastic. We ate afterward because everyone had been fasting all day. A lot of our YSAs came and we even had a few investigators there. It was amazing. Also I've been asked to sing in church on July 12. Happy early birthday Jake. They want me to sing in Swedish. I better get to work on that. BTW Happy birthday Grandma Chapman! I know it was yesterday, but I ws thinking of you! Thank you for all of your prayers! I know they work, even if we don't get the answer we always want. It's been kind of a rough week with a lot of stupor of thought. We've got some tough decisions to make, but I know that when we do the right thing and show our faith then the Lord will bless us. Also, I'm learning every day the importance of being obedient. It's crucial! I love you all and miss you so much! Keep praying and keep smiling!

Love,
Syster Coleman

1 comment:

Janet said...

Primary kids doing anything for candy and YW acting like YW - the church is true everywhere.

PS - Where is Elizabeth and what did Sister Sweden do to her?