Monday, October 6, 2008

My School is Freakin' Awesome

WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?
a. a halloween-themed game of field hockey
b. the janitorial staff of the ASU SRC found a volleyball and had a heyday
c. TSA sweeping for bugs on the sand volleyball court
d. ASU Intramural Quidditch Team kicks off its first practice.

If you picked option d, you were correct. Yes, you read that right. ASU has started it's first all muggle Quidditch team. I didn't know that muggles could play Quidditch. Also, I didn't know that there were other beings besides muggles, but I could be wrong.

Personally, I see several problems with muggles playing Quidditch.
1. Muggles don't fly and I'm pretty sure flying is a requirement in quidditch.
2. Muggles can't use magic to make other things fly which I'm also pretty sure is a requirement.
3. Quidditch is a fictional game. I love Harry Potter, but there has to be a line drawn somewhere.
Anyway, check out the entire story here. It'll pretty much knock your socks off in all it's nerd-induced awesomeness.

1 comment:

mistakes for marion said...

Hey Elise, nice blog. This story is hilarious! When I read it, I couldn't help thinking how awkward it'd be to run around with a broomstick between my legs. Oh, and option definitely delivered an entertaining image.