It's actually been a pretty eventful few weeks for me. First of all, we sent Jakey Poo on his mission last week (SOB!). It was a bittersweet day and involved many, many...many tears. Jake seems to be doing well, but we miss him!
This is Elder Coleman going through security on the day he left. His and Dad's red faces pretty much sum up how we were all feeling.I auditioned for this semester's opera at ASU. It's called Don Pasquale. There was only one soprano role, so I didn't really expect big things. In related news, I'm not competing for the record for most chorus roles held before graduation in ASU Lyric Opera Theatre history. Yes, this is my fifth show at ASU, and my fifth chorus role. I'm well on my way to breaking that record! Wish me luck in my endeavor! For those of you who are interested, the performaces for this show will be at the end of November/beginning of December. But don't just come to see yours truly cause you'll be wasting your time. the chorus is only onstage for like one scene in the 3rd act. Wheee!
If you didn't hear, this past weekend, we performed Rob Gardner's The Price of Freedom for the end of Gilbert's Constitution Week. It was a big hit! We performed the same show in March and it went really well, but we definitely raised the bar with this show. We hope to be able to take it to PBS pretty soon so keep your fingers crossed!
Other than that, it's just business as usual in the life of this soprano. Stay tuned for more updates! Thanks for visiting!
3 comments:
How exciting (and a little sad) that Jake is already in the UK!!!! I promise it does get better - ask Emily:) And that is very exciting about all your singing adventures - I would totally watch PBS if you were on it!
ohh man that cracked me up that you knew exactly who i was talking about with the late night food runs... by the way you and your dad did an amazing job on your musical number, so pretty!
Ah! I totally remembered that it was you, not Morgan that roasted marshmallows with us! Morgan wouldn't eat smores or drink Dr. Pepper. Haha. It was just late and I was typing fast. I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment