Wednesday, August 27, 2008

In Defense of...SANITY!!!!!!

Ok, please allow me a moment to assert my complete and total Twilight Series nerd-ness. Despite the opinions of some people, I love this series (ok, I'll admit that Eclipse was a little off, but we can just pretend that one doesn't exist...)! I know other people share my love of all things Edward Cullen (check out laurensbite.blogspot.com). But seriously, I think some of us need to learn where to draw the line. For example, when the debate between the lovers and hates becomes personal, it's time to get a new hobby...or obsession...whatever. When an innocent assertion of one's opinion incites an all-blogger-cyber-hair-pulling-
mud-slinging-personal-life-
bashing-
blog-smackdown, things have gone too far (again, check out Lauren's Bite-In defense of Edward Cullen...comments-there are a lot of them and some of them will disgust you-lovers and haters alike...I can't believe some of the idiotic things people say!)! All I'm really trying to say is STOP THE INSANITY!!!!!! Besides, all that really matters is EDWARD'S PRETTY! Let's keep the important things in mind people! End of spiel. Also, please excuse the insane colors...it's late and I had a lot of Dr. Pepper about an hour ago...

In completely unrelated news, I applied for a new job today. Gasp! Elise is giving up lifeguarding?! Yes, it's true. I've officially ended my long-term relationship with the swimming pool. Hopefully this will cure my chronic tendency to yell "WALK!!!" at random running children (for example, in the mall, at Disneyland, at the pool in Utah...). Maybe not. Anyway, I applied at Target this evening...i guess yesterday evening, seeing as how it's 1:00 on Wednesday morning now...Anyway, I know...BIG things coming my way. So, keep those fingers crossed! With a bit of luck, I'll have a Target interview coming my way!

8 comments:

{jennifer} said...

Good luck with Target, my fav store! Also I was totally laughing at you yelling walk at little kids everywhere! I used to do that too. That and answer my home/cell phone "thank you for calling {insert company name} this is Jennifer how can I help you?" Oh, um, hi mom:)

{jennifer} said...

Oh and it appears Lauren has removed her blog?

Emily said...

Maybe we can practice our "Wlecome to Target, can I help you find something?"s together. When I went to do my interview, they seriously had posters saying that in the break room. Hahahaha. Also, if you get the interview, call me and I can tell you the questions I remember. :)

Emily said...

Except the posters were spelled correctly. :)

Mandy said...

I love the new blog colors - my mom will be so happy that she can read it now! My dream would be to work at Target, just for the Employee Discount! I think I would lose a lot of money that way...kind of like if I worked at the scrapbook store, or JoAnn's, or just about anywhere.

Busy Bee Lauren said...

Wow...Elise, I see you got my back! You rock!

Hooray for the new job!

mollie said...

Yes, I do love the new blog background. I can even read it with one eye! Yelling walk is a lot better than yelling "Inside Voices!" and bending over and tying untied shoelaces on strangers. I started to bend over and tie Uncle Walter's shoelace before I remembered that WE WERE IN THE TEMPLE! Sheesh! You're pretty cute, though, so anyone you yell at will just think you are flurting with them. Love You! Auntie M

mollie said...

It's me this time. I wish I still lived in Mesa because I frequented the Tempe Marketplace Target every week. It wasn't until I found a Target within 2 miles of our place down here in Tucson that I decided I might survive. Good luck.