Saturday, August 23, 2008

End of Summer Blues

Summer is almost over. School starts on Monday. Dang. I usually look forward to school starting. It's always fun to get into a new routine, plus I really like school, as crazy as that sounds. But it's been a really amazing summer! It's not as if I did anything exciting. All I really did was work at the pool...as you all know...But it was a great time. For the first summer lifeguarding at the city, I had a great summer. And believe me, it didn't start off that way. We had a rough start and all it really took was an attitude adjustment. Once we all (well, for the most part) made that change, we managed to make it a great summer.

Personally, I've grown this summer. I made a really big decision...I mean really big...life changing...holy crap...I'm going on a mission! Sorry, I think that like a thousand times a day. Anyway, I had some disappointments for sure. But I think I learned from those. I guess I learned that I can't always get what I want. I just have to accept that the Lord knows what's best for me and have faith that everything will work out. And that others have their agency and I have no control over what they choose to do. I can only control the way I react to it. That's what the tough part has been-accepting things even when they don't go my way. Ok I got it off my chest.

I took a trip to Utah last week for my cousin's farewell. It was great! I got to relax, take a vacation, not worry about work or school (I'm not going to get started on what I had to think about when I got home...), PLUS I got to see my cousins! We had a great time. We swam at the community pool (mostly I laid out because I think I swim enough and I had to get rid of the nasty lifeguard tan lines), went shopping (a lot), went to Seven Peaks and saw Jack Johnson in concert. It was amazing. And now I'm home and school starts on Monday...I'm not going to cry...just enjoy my last night of freedom...and not think about school...Anyway, here are the pictures from Utah:


Cousin Aaron at Family Pictures at Tahitian Noni


I love this waterfall!

Pretty flowers...

I love the pink ones!

Me and Cousin Whitnie on our way to Seven Peaks

Jake on the way to Seven Peaks

Cousin Cameron, Cousin Aaron and Jake at Seven Peaks


Cameron and his niece Brynlie at Seven Peaks

The cute boys with the cute baby.

Brynlie and Natalie (her mommy)


Coleman getting into mischief...gotta love that face!


We got real bored waiting for Jack Johnson to start...this is Jake and our cousin Chris


Cousin Brandon and his wife Lyndsey at Jack Johnson


Cousin Jeff and his wife Natalie at Jack Johnson


Chris, Cam & Jake at Jack Johnson



Me & Whitnie at Jack Johnson...look how color coordinated we are!


The little guy in red on the stage is Jack Johnson...


All of us...at Jack Johnson. Natalie and Lyndsey were in on the color coordination too. The boys missed the boat.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun. Makes me almost want to go to Utah. I miss Toni and fam.

{jennifer} said...

You have been busy! Good luck at school this week:) Rah, rah ASU!!!

marcie said...

oh words can't describe how jealous I am you got to go to Jack Johnson!! lucky lucky girl :)