Wednesday, September 3, 2008
update...or create your own title
Ok, so just FYI, I didn't even get an interview at Target. It was disappointing, but as the Reverend Mother on Sound of Music says, "Whenever God closes a door, somewhere He opens a window." I did get a job teaching voice and piano lessons with Arizona Music Academy in Tempe. It's close to school and pays well. YAY! Thanks to my good friend Jamilyn for pointing me in the right direction. I start Sept. 13 and I'm super excited! Now, I know it's no Target, but I'm really happy about this. I've been tryng to build up a voice studio for a long time and now I have that chance! PLUS, I get to teach kids to sing, which is AMAZING! Anyway, that's all for now. School's going great. I've got some great teachers and I also made the choir that I've been wanting to get into since Freshman year. So it's been a good start to the semester. Till next time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That's awesome Elise! Congrats. I think voice lessons is a bit more applicable to your career and major than Target (not that I don't love that place). Such a good fit for you--you'll be fantastic. Now how much would it cost for you to teach me how to sing like you? I'm pretty sure I will NEVER have the time and money for that! It would take millions of dollars and billions of hours. You're just too amazing!
Yay for you! This job suits you a lot better than Target. Enjoy! And congratulations on making the choir. It looks like things are starting off great for you this year. :-D
I'm so excited for you! You will be an awesome teacher - and I hope you have a locker to leave your purse in considering your last experience working with adolecents! (Or as my dad would classify them, Knot-head teenagers!)
Congrats on the new job! I'm sure you were just too over qualified for target! Everytime I go there I get helped by a teenager who has no clue!?
Post a Comment