Sunday, June 8, 2008

summer...

Ahhh, aummer...the acrid smell of sunscreen/chlorine...the sound of pool rats screaming in the scorching sunlight...the feel of armpit sweat running down your arm...these are a few of my favorite things. Yes, the pools are officially open for business! Two weeks down, seven to go! Anyway, at Carson we kicked off summer in the hood with Pachanga en la Piscina (known at our house as Pinata Tostita...). it was a smash hit complete with free food, the Mesa Firefighter Band and 700 people climbing over each other in the pool. Luckily, I didn't have to work at it, but like the good mother and sister we are, my mother and I took a very excited John to the pool. I think we lasted long enough to find John a Banner Hospitals whistle (which we are very happy about) before we threw in the towel (no pun intended...). We only got out of there after we promised John that he could play in the hose with his whistle (BIG mistake) when we got home.

(John loves his hose time!)

Anyway, between swimming lessons, working public swim, and escorting (watching Pride & Prejudice...) John to the pool, all of my time is spent at the great Carson/Westwood Aquatics Facility (although I am glad to not have to spend a day at Cub Scout Day Camp...).

On a less sarcastic note, my dear cousin Mary Jo introduced me to yet another digiscrap site (raspberryroaddesigns.blogspot.com...check it out!) and with my obsession/addiction to digiscrapping, I'm not sure this is a good thing...in the past two days I've spent...several hours on the computer...Here's my latest creation!


...usually I hate scrapping pictures of myself, but I literally have no other pictures to scrapbook! Anyway, until next time, happy summer in the melting pot (AKA, Mesa)!

4 comments:

{jennifer} said...

Can you image guarding that party!?! That would be a nightmare for sure!!! Cute page and I need to check out the new site for more fun scrapbooking stuff. I can send you pictures of my kids to scrap, ha, ha!

elise said...

oh man...our manager told us today that more than 800 people showed up for that party! it was terrible! and i'll totally scrapbook pictures of your kids! they're way cute!

mollie said...

I was there! By accident. Being the nice aunt that I am, I promised Matt, Nate, Joe, and Melanie I would take them swimming. Well we show up and discover it is pinata tostada day. Luckily we were there right at the beginning, so were the first in line to get rubber ducks, t-shirts, hot dogs, tatoos, and ice cream cones. Who's the best aunt ever? By the way, good to see you today as I yet again took the rugrats to the pool.

marcie said...

wow sounds like a crazy but fun day! you're little brothers too cute, and yes i love those digital scrapbooking websites.... I just don't know how to use them all that well!!