Tuesday, June 10, 2008
lifeguarding hi-jinks
So...we had kind of a crazy day last Thursday that I totally forgot to write about! On Thursdays I work from 10:00 in the morning to 4:00. I teach lessons from 10-12:30 and guard from 1-4. Well, we had been open for public swim for about 45 minutes. I knew that our assistant manager was planning on doing a drill with one of the other guards so when the whistle blew, I just assumed that's what it was. At the position I was at, my back was to the diving boards so when I got out of my chair and turned around to see where the whistle came from I got a little bit of a shock! I looked over at the boards and there was an 11-year-old kid lying face down half on the deck, half in the pool. Apparently he was running on the diving board (a BIG no-no), tripped and flipped over the side rail onto the deck, flat on his face. OUCH! So we called 911 and the paramedics came and took over and we let the very impatient boredom busters swarms in. Now, I was thinking that that would be our only incident for the day...how wrong I was. I got to go home at 4 with no more problems (so the rest of this story is straight from the mouth of my sister...). Anyway, I guess later that day, one of the guards was having issues with some pool rats mouting off to her. Well, our assistant manager got involved and things got a little out of hand and before you know it, the whistle was blown AGAIN to help get things under control. I'm pretty sure that by this point everyone thought that that drill that had been planned wasn't going to happen...wrong again. It happened to the very assistant manager who had to deal with the swearing boys! That's just mean! When we went to pick up Sarah at 7, my friend was going out to her car. A minute later she ran straight back to the office and we looked over and her car had been broken into! What a day! I guess that's just another day at the pool in the hood!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
EXCITING!!! At least you stayed awake:)
Oh here is another site I just found. I have not gone through it all (It is huge!!!) Click on the freebies tab and then scroll down and it is all organized into sections, i.e. papers, etc.
DigiScrapDepot.com
Post a Comment