I'm just gonna come right out and say it...sometimes my elevator doesn't go all the way to the top floor. I don't know why. You could just chalk it up to the stereotype and call me a blonde but I'm pretty sure it goes deeper.
Typically, I'm a perfectionist. Actually, perfectionist doesn't even begin to describe me. I'm a control freak. Majorly. I guess that comes in handy sometimes. But it's kind of a pain. Just ask my close friends. They'll tell you. Anyway, keeping that in mind, it always feels like a major error when I do have one of my blonde moments. And they're not as few and far between as I would like...
Most of you know that I've been filling out applications for grad school next Fall. I thought I knew exactly what the requirements were for each program and, being the cute little control freak I am, I made a very pretty little spreadsheet with all of the information. I'm very proud of it. If you come over, I'll show it to you. Now I was feeling pretty confident about my preparation while I was filling out one application. So imagine my surprise when I came across the page in said application asking for my GRE scores. WHAT?! Test scores?! There was nothing about this in the application requirements! I checked! A lot! Suddenly I was rocketed into full panic mode. I can't take the GRE! I don't even know what it is! I don't even know where to start! I HAVEN'T HAD A MATH CLASS IN 6 YEARS!!!!!!!! But this is a school that I really need to apply to. So I figured it out and went a registered for the GRE. For a month now, I've been trying to figure out my old math and thanks to a complimentary math review from the GRE website, things were coming back.
So fast forward to Sunday night. I was having a minor anxiety attack as I was studying math that always has been and always will be over my head. My test was scheduled for this Thursday. I am NOT prepared and and freaking out because I REALLY NEED TO GET INTO THIS SCHOOL! I decided to take a breather from studying and work on some applications. So I went to the page for this school and realized that aside from my GRE, I was ready to submit this application. YAY! So I get to the test score page and read it again...and notice a little tiny link at the bottom that says "click here to see the test requirements for your program." I swear that wasn't there before. So, filled with hope/shame, I clicked on the link and scrolled down to the vocal performance section...and wouldn't you just know...it says "GRE is not required for this degree program." Well I feel sheepish. Needless to say...I cancelled the test. I submitted the application. I guess the only thing really hurt is my pride. That's OK. It was overdue.
1 comment:
AHHHH! Don't feel dumb. I do stuff like this all the time. It happens to us control freaks (I'm in the club, too) because we have so much going on in our brains that we start to forget stuff. Like when I neglected to take my daughter to her scheduled early Kindergarten screening. Worst day ever. Thankfully they gave us a do-over and she did pass, but I was ready to crawl into a cave and never come out! So embarrassing!
Hey, at least you got a refresher course on math, right?
Post a Comment