Friday, September 30, 2011

Believe

I was going to post this much earlier...I won't say what happened but let's just say that Vampire Diaries was involved. Can I even mention that show in a post like this?

Anyway, this is my way of participating in the Book of Mormon/Youtube challenge. I have been looking forward to today for weeks for this reason alone. Today is especially tender to me. It was this very day last year that I was on a plane on my way home from my mission in Sweden. It was a bittersweet experience to come home. Of course I wanted to. Anyone who read any of my letters  home knew how much I missed home. Looking back, I wish that I had shared more of the love I gained for missionary work. I can never really express how sweet it was to share the Gospel and to see the light that came into peoples' lives because of the Spirit in my words. It is the best feeling in the world. Nothing--NOTHING--even comes close to it.

I really can't express my feelings about the Book of Mormon in words. As a missionary, I gained a deep love for this volume of scripture. I experienced firsthand that when you seriously study the Book of Mormon--the kind of study that is accompanied by sincere pondering and prayer--then you will come to know that it is absolutely, truly the Word of God. The moments I spent studying in this way are precious to me. I remember vividly the night that I realized that I knew beyond any shadow of a doubt that this is God's word. I never felt closer to my Father in Heaven than that night. I felt like I knew my Savior. I felt a testimony that was literally burning inside of me and I wanted everyone to know about this amazing book.

I still have that testimony. I love the Book of Mormon. I love it because it testifies of Christ. I love it because, through it, I came to know Him and I came to know myself. So what's the point? Well, I'm extending a challenge. If you haven't found out for yourself that the Book of Mormon is the Word of God, I encourage you to do so. Study it. Ponder it. Pray about it. You will definitely see results. I promise.

To those of you who are reading this and have no idea what I'm talking about (I'm not even sure if anyone is reading this...) you can find out more here.

1 comment:

jonnajack said...

Thanks Elise, I loved this post. You have a wonderful way of sharing your testimony.