Saturday, January 23, 2010

Transfers are CRAAZY stuff

Dear Family,

Transfers are completely CRAAZY!!! First things first: I'm staying in Örebro and Syster Lundén is moving to Uppsala. She will be with Syster Swenson and they are OPENING the area for sisters! My new companion will be Syster Hegstrom. She's been up in Sundsvall and she's in Syster L's group...so I may be here a while cause they go home in 2 months. I'm not too excited to be here for so long, but I love the ward and our investigators and it'd be hard to leave them. The entire mission got pretty shaken up! They moved us into a new zone and we got another companionship in our district...and our district leader is in another city so we'll prolly travel to Eskilstuna for district meetings. This transfer is going to be insane! there are 11 elders going home and only 3 coming in so they've closed 4 areas!! I found out that they took the elders out of my old ward in Göteborg and they also took the sisters out of Stockholm. Boo. That was my dream area. But I'll prolly die here so it doesn't matter...I'm excited to stay for another transfer though. We've got a baptism on Sunday. James passed his interview and he's ready! I'm so happy! What a great way to start a new transfer! And yes, I will probably sing at the service. I don't know what...but we'll see!

Things are going really well with Juan-Carlos. We got to officially teach him last Wednesday and we set up a BAPTISMAL DATE for 13 February! He says that he feels so good right now and that he's been able to feel the Holy Ghost. he called last night after isntitute to thank us for helping him feel the Holy Ghost. Even the Jehovah's Witnesses couldn't do that for him. His words. BTW I'm not surprised that he couldn't feel the Spirit with them...I've met quite a few and read some of their pamphlets...pretty scary stuff. Anyway, Juan-Carlos...he's pretty special. From the very beginning he wanted to learn more and I have a good feeling about him.

We also had Sharpening/interviews last Tuesday which means I FINALLY got my package! Thank you all so much for the fantastic hristmas presents! And mom,the cookies were ok...just a little...crunchy-ish. Syster Lundén also says thank you. Also, I got your letter and THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!! I hadn't gotten mail from you guys in sooooo loooonnng and it made me happy. You've got some letters coming your way soon. Just have to buy a stamp. I'm also putting together a package of fun stuff....just things that make me happy in Sweden. And other surprises.

It sounds like you all had a nice calm week...except for the 20th ward drama. ! Who's playing the organ now?

I love you all so much and I'm so grateful for your love and support. I know that this church is true and I'm so glad to be a part of this work. Sorry this is so short, but I forgot my planner at home...Love you!

Love,
Syster Coleman

1 comment:

Brad's Mom said...

Merry Christmas Elise & Merry Christmas 20th Ward, hehehe