Thursday, December 3, 2009

Countdown to...St. Lucia Day

Dear Family,

First off, I'm so glad you're all keeping the enchilada party alive! I was so sad we didn't have it last year! It's not Christmas without the enchilada party!!! It sounds like the Christmas season is in full swing there. Yesterday was what the Swedes call the first advent. Basically they count the 4 Sundays before Christmas Advent. They light a candle every Sunday and it's a huge deal. I don't really get it...but Christmas here is going to magical! There are Christmas candles all over town! I'm also really excited about St. Lucia day on 13 December. It's going to be an amazing Christmas! Also We get to call home in 26 days!!! I'm excited too because I get to sing in church on the 20th. I'm singing a pretty Swedish song. It's short, but that's ok. Less attention.

Don't have much to tell about our week. It was one of those weeks where nothing goes like we planned it. We were able to celebrate Thanksgiving in Västerås with the elders. It was district meeting (cause we have them on Thursdays...) and we combined with another district so we had tons of food! The elders did most of the cooking. I think they were a little disappointed when they found out that I'm not much of a cook and Sister Lundén doesn't know how to make Thanksgiving food. But we took a salad and some Jell-o (that we found in our kitchen cupboard...random!) and the elders took care of the rest. It was pretty imressive! They even had a turkey and it was pretty good! We ate a ton and then tried not to sleep through district meeting. Sister Lundén and I missed out train back to Örebro (because somebody forgot the cell phone at the chapel. I won't say who, but I should never be responsible for things. Ever.) So we had to cancel our last appointment for the day. Saturday we went to Karlskoga to meet Brice. Of course, he was late so we were able to talk to his roomy, James. We gave him a Book of Mormon in French and he was really excited! He said that he would like to come to church on Sunday and he did! The best is that when we called him that night to work out his ride, he said that he would like to start "studying" with us and meet us more often! What a miracle! He loved church yesterday and said that he would like to come back next week!

I'll be sending a little Christmas packet to you all pretty soon. It won't be big, but just want to let you all know that I love you and appreciate you! As for what I need for Chistmas...music! Sister Lundén has tons of music...and no Christmas music! And she's really tired of the music she does have. Also I'm tired of her one motab Christmas cd. So I'd love music! I have quite a few motab cds at home, but i's love more.Whatever you can find will be wonderful! I'd love Josh Gorban and Jordan's cd, clyde Bawden, my Rob Gardner music and some classical music. No efy...I'm good without that. I also need some nylons and maybe some of Grandma Honey's gingersnaps...but only if they fit. Sorry that was a long list...Let me know if there are any Swedish goodies you'd like and I'll see what I can do.

Thank you all for your love and support! I'm thankful that I can serve this mission. I know that this church is true and that Jesus Christ is our Savior. I know that we are God's children and that He loves us.

Love,
Syster Coleman

1 comment:

Brad's Mom said...

Such little wants - I love missionaries.