Dear Family,
Yes, yesterday was Fathers' Day here. So happy fathers' day dad. Sorry I didn't send you a card...again. We had a pretty good week. Not as exciting as SARAH GETTING ALL-AMERICAN CONSIDERATION!!!!!!! Sarah, I'm so dang proud of you! I cried when I read your email because it was so exciting! I think you have to be a swimmer to get excited about good races because Sister Lundén wasn't nearly as excited as I was...oh well. You're amazing! Dad, thanks for the ward picture! I never realized how huge our ward is! I don't know half the people in that picture. One thing I love about Sweden is that the wards are so much smaller and you can really get to know everyone in the ward. I miss our big ward, but I love knowing who everyone is! Anyhoo, as I said, pretty good week. Tuesday we had interviews in Stockholm and it was good. I got to see Sister Wood! It's so fun to not be the only sisters in the whole zone. Elders are a little dunb sometimes...I love 'em, but sometimes you need some girl time. Wednesday was exciting: it snowed! I didn't think I'd be too happy about that...but I'm a true desert rat and thoroughly enjoyed it. Yes, we rode bikes. That wasn't so fun...just wet. But we had a little snowball fight, made some brownies and I made a snowcone. It was gooooood! I was pretty proud of it. We also got bored with our bedroom/living room arrangement so we did a little feng shui-ing. It was very therapeutic. Ok I'm done writing words I don't know how to spell. It's kind of sad...the better I get at writing in Swedish, the worse my english spelling gets...dang. Anyhoo, Thursday it was still snowing so we just stayed in our little apartment complex and did some work there. Friday. we went to Karlskoga and met Brice and helped a little with his paper route...just putting ads together...not delivering. Saturday was neat because Sister Lundén's sister came to visit her. She's a cutie! they spoke a lot of Finnish and I tried to speak a little Swedish to her. They also sang happy birthday to me in Finnish and it was awesome. Then we ate cake and I studied a little while they talked. Sister Lundén was so happy so it was a good day. Yesterday...I turned 23. Jake was right...mission birthdays are boring. Really it was a good day. Brice came to church!! I did have to call him at 9:45 to remind him that his ride was coming in 15 minutes and he was a little mad, but he had a good experience. There's a family in our ward from the same country as him so they were able to translate for him and they were instant friends. The Lord works in such wonderful ways! Brice says he still wants to be baptized, but it's going to take some time with him. we were just so glad that he made it to church! Africans aren't always the most reliable when it comes to keeping commitments like coming to church and we were a little afraid that he would miss his ride. But everything was ok! Thank you for all the love and support and wonderful birthday email! I love you all!
Love,
Sister Coleman
1 comment:
She looks so beautiful and happy.
Post a Comment