Dear Family,
This past week we had Zone Conference. It was SO GOOD!!! It was combined with the Malmö Zone so we had sisters stay with us on Wednesday night. It was super fun and super crowded. One of the Sisters in Malmö is my really good friend from the MTC, Sister Johnson. More about that night later...anyhoo zone conference was wonderful. President Anderson talked about the priesthood and I remembered how grateful I am that it is the same everywhere. When I ask for a blessing from my district leader, it's the same as getting a blessing from my dad because the priesthood is the same! I love that. Church was amazing yesterday. It was one of the best testimony meetings I've ever been in. I am so grateful for this ward! They're like my family. I had a really sweet experience in Relief Society. One of the girls, who is American got up to bear her testimony after the lesson about how important her family is to her. She said that that's why the church is so important to her--because wherever she goes, she'll always have a family with the members of the church. This was so amazing for me to hear. It was an answer to a prayer. I've been feeling a little down lately (don't worry I'm not homesick or anything...) and was praying for comfort. This experience reminded me that my Heavenly Father does hear my prayers and He's mindful of me. It also helped me feel closer to my Savior. He's my Best Friend. It was a great day yesterday. We were home with the Stridsbergs and of course he had to take a picture. Mom, he showed me the email that you sent him and I loved it. He thinks you are so neat. I'm going to give him your blog address because he'll love it! He understands english really well. He's such a good man. The whole family is just wonderful. They're so pure! Sister Stridsberg is the Relief Society president and I just love all of them! Sissela's doing really well. She came to church yesterday. She just fits right uin there and I hope she realizes that. I hope she'll decide to be baptized soon. She belongs in the church. Other than that, there's not much to report on this week. We pretty much stayed in our apartment because Sister Cherrington had it pretty rough. She's much better now and we were able to make it through all of church yesterday. I'm really excited to get back to work. I'm so sick of our apartment I almost want to vomit. And it's depressing not being able to do work for a week! Anyway, the hair...Like I said I got it cut and the first cut didn't turn out so well. One of the less tactful elders was like, "Why did you cut your hair so short? Do you like it like that?" Thanks. So that night we went over to a member's house for dinner. turns out, she's a retired hairdresser (frisör in Swedish...FYI) and she takes one look at my hair and goes, "Can I do a little work on your hair after we're done?" I was like YEEEEEESSSSSS! So she trimmed it up and evened it out and thinned it and it was so much better. The moral of the story is: Never let ANYONE who is not a licensed professional go anywhere near your hair with scissors. It's an accident waiting to happen. That's what I told Elder Untactful--that it was an accident. Which it was. Anyway, WHAT THE HECK WE GOT A PUPPY??????????!!!!!!!!! Man, Chloe's gonna hate that. I saw a picture of him on Kristen's blog and he's ADORABLE! Also, WHAT THE HECK HEATHER PALMER GOT MARRIED???????!!!!!!!! No one tells me anyting anymore! Joe, I hope you had a great birthday and I'm so proud of you. I just kept thinking yesterday, "Oh my gosh Joe's getting the priesthood today!" It was especially cool to see TOMMY PASS THE SACRAMENT and think that that'll be YOU next week! I'm so proud of you. In the words of Jake, I'm ##@@@@** a chicken. Don't put that on the blog. That kind of language is not conducive to the quiet dignity of a sister missionary. Sarah, have a good birthday this week. I miss you all and love you!
Love,
Sister Coleman
P.S. If you're sending a package any time soon, I'm in dire need of nylons. The ones here are crappy (as in what Jake was doing with a chicken). Also I need foundation. I'll try and get more pictures sent soon! Maybe I'll just send the memory card home and you can send it back...or not. I have like 3 backups. Love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment