Dear Family,What a week! First on the list is that Tommy got baptized on Saturday. It was wonderful. We kinda scrambled to get all the lessons taught to him, but it all worked out perfectly. The baptismal service was wonderful. The Andersson family, who have been Tommy's fellowshippers in the ward, did everything. Tommy was very emotional. I almost cried in the middle of my song. Yes, I did sing at the baptism. Just a couple of primary songs. But it was wonderful. Tommy has such a strong, sweet spirit and he'll be so strong in the church. We were also able to meet with Sissela this week and she came to church yesterday. She's just a big bag of surprises. She'd been meeting with the sisters before us but not really taking anything very seriously, but now she's genuinely interested. This week when we met, she told us that praying was starting to feel normal to her and she even asked to say the closing prayer after our teach. One of these days she's just gonna tell us that she wants to get baptized...we should plan the baptism just in case...We also met with a wonderful girl named Mona (a different one...). She's from Egypt but was raised in Sweden. She was very touched by the Spirit from the very beginning. We had a great teach with her, but the problem is that she's going out of town for a month! Also, we taught these two amazing Catholic boys. They're so strong in their religions and we had a wonderful lesson with them. We're gonna meet them again. I also had my first run-in with a Jehovah's Witness. It was amazing. In other news, Summer has officially come to Sweden and it's HOT!!!! Even for the Arizona girl here. I've got a nice little tan line from my practical shoes and a wonderful missionary farmer tan. Did you know that the sun never really goes down here? Like it's never completely dark. It's awesome. So is the heat. There's no AC here. Awesome. It's not like they need it anyway. They only use it like 2 months out of the year. OOH mom, I forgot to tell you! Last weekend I heard the greatest thing EVER: Mamma Mia in SWEDISH!!!!!!! Seriously, no one should ever sing ABBA in English. Swedish is way better. I'll try to get ahold of a copy and send it to you. Also I know I promised pictures this week but we're emailing from a member family's home and I don't have that much time today. Normally we email from the institute but the Murphys invited us over for a big American breakfast this morning and they said we could use their numerous computers to email. The Murphys have also invited us over for 4th of July. Bro. Murphy is American and we're having a barbeque and all kinds of American food. Like root beer. YAY!!! So the point of that story is I'm not at the institute today. We do usually email from there because there are more than one computer and printers so we can print our emails out. There is FHE on Monday nights but we don't go unless we have an investigator. BTW Michael Jackson is dead. Sidenote. You all probably knew that. I can't imagine a world without Michael Jackson. Wonder what it'll be like...I had a lot more to tell you all, but I need to go and let the Murphys have their computer back. Thank you for your prayers! They help so much! I miss and love you all!Love,Sister Coleman
Monday, June 29, 2009
Mamma Mia is amazing in Swedish
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment