Dear Family,
Yes, I am actually in Sweden! I can't believe that I've almost been here a week. It's totally insane. Anyway, I'm serving right now in a city called Göteborg. It's on the coast in the west of Sweden. My companion's name is Sister Goates and she's AMAZING!!! We're really like the same person. Göteborg is gorgeous. we both agree that it's a fairy land. I call it Andalasia. I guess the weather is pretty mild, but i've been freezing all week. Our apartment is so cute any cozy. it only has 3 rooms--a bedroom kitchen and a bathroom--but we love it. And mom, you will be proud to know that I did my own grocery shopping last week. The sisters who lived here before us left like no food so we had a buy some. Also we had a lot to clean this morning...anyway, Sister Goates and I whitewashed the area...double transferred...whatever, but we're both toally new in Göteborg. Also, they moved us to a new ward this week. It's called Västre Frölunda ward. And yes, we went to church yesterday and I didn't understand a thing! I still have a headache. Luckily the ward is very "English friendly" as one member put it. There are actually a few American families and the translator was sitting behind us. Anyway, because we are an a different ward than the other sister were, they gave all of thei old contacts and investigators to the elders in the other ward so we're basically starting from scratch. It's actually like we're openeing a new area. We have no investigators and there were no appointments for us...anything! We spent all day Friday exploring the city and doing a little contacting. Göteborg is fantastic! It's so beautiful!. Anway we got a pretty good feel for the city. One of the YSAs in the area took us around and showed us how the busses work and stuff like that. Also, we're the missionaries who get to work with the institute here! I'm so excited about that! As soon as I heard about the institite outreach program here, i knew that I'd get to be doing that. So as we've been contacting and stuff, we've really tried to focus on YSA age people--so like 18-30 year olds. I'm excited to get started. The institute center is in this amazing old apartment building. It's fatastic. It's also right in the area of Göteborg university so we can go to the student housing areas and contact there. Anyway, on Saturday there was this half marathon here called Göteborg varvet or the Göteborg lap...or race. So we went into town to contact and to see the sights a little. It was amazing! There were so many people there. I think there were like 50,000 people in the race. I have pictures that I'll send as soon as I figure it out...We met this amazing guy named Kjäll ( pronounced "shell") who was so excited when we gave him a Book of Mormon. He called it a precious gift. And it is! The Book of Mormon is amazing. I think I'm addicted to it. Yesterday we had dinner with a wonderful family in our ward--the Bakers. Bro. Baker is Welch. They're so nice! Actually their son, Robert, is the one who showed us around town on Friday. We have a few other dinners with members this week. The members love us and we love them! Anyway, we got into Sweden last Tuesday morning and were picked up at the airport by President and Sister Anderson and the assistants and secretaries. They took us to the mission home and fed us a big Swedish dinner. On Wednesday we went to the temple. My head is still spinning from that. Thursday we got our assignments. Sister Goates is wonderful She plays the piano and loves pink. We were instand friends. It's kinda sad because this is her last transfer! I get so sad every time I think about it so I'm not thinking about it. Anyhoo...since I've now told my life story, I think I'll sign off. I love you all so much! I miss everyone and pray for you often. Until next week! Puss och kram! (a.k.a. kisses and hugs)
Love,
Sister Coleman
No comments:
Post a Comment