First of all thanks for all the updates! Mom, I love hearing from you every day. Of course I'm not getting annoyed. And thank you so much for the adorable Easter baskets. Sister Wood and I both have so much Easter candy ("godis" in Swedish) that we don't know what to do with it! Easter was amazing here. The sisters have Relief Society at 10 and we watch Music and the Spoken Word before and I can't even describe to you how it felt to go into the room and hear the choir singing He Is Risen! It gave me chills. Eater Sunday was so wonderful. I'm excited to spend next Easter in Sweden. Our teachers have been telling us a lot about it and it'll be amazing. We leave in 3 1/2 weeks. We get our travel plans 2 weeks from tomorrow! I can't believe how fast this is going by. Seriously, it feels like it's been a day. The days go by so slow, but you blink and the it's been a month! If this is any indication of how the rest of my mission will go...I want things to slow down a little! Another one of our roommates left this morning. And her companion leaves next week. This will be our second set. We're not getting new roomies this week, but it'll still be so many sisters that we've seen leave before us! NO worries. Our turn will come soon. Anyway, the epic awesomeness about this week was that we got to have the most AMAZING devotional with (drumroll, please....) Elder Holland. It was incredible. The atmosphere before was wonderful even though we didn't know who was coming. We could all feel that it was something exciting. As soon as he walked in the room there was the most amazing spirit there. I just kept thinking, "I can't believe I'm here!" I wish I could tell you about the things that he said. I can tell you that he spoke with true apostolic power. I've only felt that kind of power from the spirit once in my life and I never expected to feel it again. I am so blessed to be doing this and meeting the people that I've met! Needless to say, we all feel like our missions have become completely different. If there was any person in that devotional who did not take something away from that meeting, they shouldn't be here. I'm so excited to hear from Jake about Marlene. This truly is the Church of Jesus Christ. I know that now.
Mom, thanks for your stories! They make me laugh. I almost cried when you told me about your birthday lunch because i was laughing so hard. Some funny...or sad things happened this week. I was playing volleyball in gym the other day ( and my playing, i mean standing there and letting the Elders do all the work.) and it was my turn to serve. As soon as I tossed my ball in the air, the ball from the other Volleyball court came bouncing on over and smacked me in the face. I laughed and the Elders were concerned. Apparently, it's bad form to hit a Sister in the face with a volleyball. This was after my roommate's alarm clock had fallen off the top bunk and smacked me in the bunnies while I was saying my morning prayers. I don't know if she threw it or if I was forgetting to pray for something....that was a fun day.
Things are going pretty well. It's been a rough few days because I've been a little under the weather. The language is going great. Dad, I now have a new appreciation for how hard you had it! And no, no one has pennied my door. I think that's frowned upon...Sarah, good luck at your inservice this weekend. I want to get a letter from you soon telling me all about what's been going on with you! Joe and John, I miss you both. I'm glad school is good. I love you all! Have a good week and keep smiling!
Love,
Syster Coleman
P.S. The weather here is stupid. It was all sunny and warm on Sunday and Monday and yesterday and we woke up this morning and it was raining! It's supposed to snow tomorrow...good preparation for Sweden I guess. Love you!
2 comments:
There is a miracle happening in Provo. We aren't going to recognize Syster Coleman when she gets home from the glow around her. Watch out Sweden.....she's coming!!!!!
She sounds sooooo happy! Colleen...thanks for keeping this up for TWO kids now!
Post a Comment