Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Happy Anniversary Mom & Dad...and Welcoming home a missionary!

Ok so the whole Coleman fam went to Disneyland (yet again) this past week. And yes, I mean the whole family-like all 5 kids. It was all my parents wanted for their 25th anniversary...for us all to take a trip to Disneyland and not kill each other in the car. It really was amazing that we all survived. I mean 5 Coleman kids and Jake's friend...it's a miracle. Anyway, we had the best time! Here are some things I'm grateful for after this particular trip:

1. Skinny knees. On our first day there, we were walking out of the park at about 4 to go check in at our hotel and we passed one of those trees with the fence around it...you know with like the rebar-type fences...anyway, as we passed one we saw this entire family surrounding it and a security guard talking into his walkie-talkie. Upon closer inspection, we saw that one of the kids in the family had been playing on the fence and gotten both, yes, BOTH knees stuck between the bars. The dad was standing by filming the whole thing. I am grateful for skinny knees.

2. Splash Mountain. Just check out John's face here...it says it all...

I love going on rides with that kid! He sang along with all of the silly characters and quoted the ride the whole time until we got to the big drop...then he got real quiet and closed his eyes while we all made our fun pose. I'm grateful for Splash Mountain.

3. Sweaters. On our first night there, it cooled off a lot. We were very cold and realized that none of us had brought sweaters...so we bought some. I'm very grateful for sweaters.

4. Fashion sense. this one's for you Jen:

Yes, that is a hat on someone's head...in the shape of Nemo...I laughed for a really long time about that. We also found this weird thing and made Jake model it:


We don't actually know what the heck it is...So I'm very grateful for fashion sense!

5. Toy Story Mania! It's seriously the BEST ride ever! It's super cute and original. I won't spoil it if you haven't been on it, but I totally kicked Joe's trash! I'm grateful for Toy Story Mania!




That's my way cute sweater that I bought 'cause I was so cold! It says that I'm a pirate princess...which I am (j/k)!

Last but certainly not least, I'm grateful for my family! Not only are we incredibly attractive, but we just have the best time together! I'm SOOOO grateful for my family!

The incredibly attractive Coleman kids and Jake's incredibly attractive friend Alysha.

"C" for Coleman!
Sisters!
Say "Mickey!"In other non-Disney related news, my dear friend Brittney came home from her mission today and I got to talk to her on the phone! YAY! I was so excited that I almost cried! I can't wait to see her again! welcome home Hermana Greer!

Ok yes that was like 18 months ago...just ignore the lame red lipstick...poor fashion choice on my part.

That's all of my news! Until next time, remember: "Bears eat beets."

8 comments:

Brad's Mom said...

Disneyland Rocks!!!! And yes, the Coleman people are very very attractive. Tell your mom she looks FANTASTIC!!!

Busy Bee Lauren said...

Yay for Disneyland! I can't wait to go there on my Honeymoon. Is Jake's friend a friend friend or a friend ;)

Oh, and I think the red lipstick is totally fashion-forward. I love it on you!

{jennifer} said...

Looks like tons o fun! I am gald you had nice weather, I think the hot nasty weather is saved for when I visit! I love the hats and what the heck is that thing on Jake's head? I am sure someone actually bought it and paid like $50 for it or something! Your jacket you bought there is cute:)

Marie said...

Hooray for Disneyland. I think your family along with the Woods and Alexanders keep that place in business! Glad you all had fun!

Emily said...

DISNEYland!!!!!!!!!!! Awwww. I love Disneyland.

Colette Goodman said...

You forgot the part when you stepped on this really cute girl. And then we all screamed. That was fun.

elise said...

oh yeah! i'm grateful for my cute cousin colette! and that hallie had a birthday so we could see her there!

Nancy Face said...

I love Disneyland more than any other place in the world! :D

Lauren's Disneyland honeymoon is a wedding present from her AWESOME parents!

Thanks for visiting my blog! :)