Wednesday, April 25, 2012

School's Out...FOR GOOD!

Call me crazy...but I love school. Seriously, what's better that getting to go do what you love all day every day? That being said, summer vacation always brought a much needed break from school stress. Until this semester. You guys it was my last one! And it was the best one by far. I have never looked forward to the last day of school less. Maybe I'm just feeling a little nostalgic. I mean I have some pretty awesome friends at school and it's super sad I won't get to see you guys any more! Maybe my hatred of change is kicking in and making me weepy. Seriously, I don't know what to do with my life! OK panic over. But really. I don't know how to not be in school. I mean, the past 20 years of my life (OK take out the 18 months in blessed Sweden so that makes like 18.5 years...see I can do math! Who knew?!) have been spent in a classroom...So what now?! This past semester has been a blur but a good one. You see, I have a sickness--I don't enjoy life. I endure. Well that's gone on long enough. I decided I was going to make this semester count. And boy did it count. And I can honestly say that I finished college with no regrets. (and yes, I still have finals to worry about but for like the first time ever I'm actually prepared...go figure...). These past few days were bittersweet, emotionally and physically exhausting and that's exactly the way they should have been...So here's keeping fingers crossed for finals week and in one week it's on to bigger and better!

Side note--I have been embarrassingly bad at taking pictures this semester, but here are my only two from our studio recital.

Suzanne and Me--Ladies in Blue...

Jessica and Me

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Beautiful dress! And of course, CONGRATULATIONS!

I know the feeling. The worst part was when people would ask, "SO what are you going to do now?" Because my answer was, "Stay home and make babies!" Haha. But it was seriously weird to not have school anymore. I kind of went through some grieving stages after graduation. Especially when it came time to register for classes again and I didn't have any to register for!

It's been three years since I graduated now and I still miss going to school sometimes.