Dear Family,
Not so much to report this week. Sorry. But I'll send pictures today. I know you're all restless mom. Anyhoo I'll start with Tuesday when we finally got to teach Presley, who has a baptismal date but he's not going to make it...because it's in less than 2 weeks. We talked about the Word of Wisdom with him. He smokes and the sisters before us challenged him to quit...but he didn't commit. So we decided to help him. We talked to him for a while and introduced a stop smoking program that was created for missionaries and their investigators. He agreed to the program because he know smoking is bad for him and he said himself that he feels unhealthy. Well we got him to commit and promised him tons of blessing...then Sister Sumner decides to take it a step further and says that if Presley will stop smoking, then she'll go off chocolate for 2 weeks. Well those kind of commitments only work if both companions are in on it...so neither of us have had chocolate since last Tuesday. The problem is that we've only been able to get a hold of Presley 2 times and he didn't come to church yesterday. We're meeting him on Wednesday and if he hasn't quit smoking I'm eating chocolate. Wednesday we took a little trip to Malmö so I could get my visa extended (can you believe I've almost been in Sweden for a year?!). We knew that we'd be there a while. And we weren't wrong. First of all it took us forever to find the place! We must have walked for like a half hour and then it was this little hole in the wall. Shouldn't the migration office be a little more accessible? After we got there we had to wait a good 2 hours before my number was finally called. Ugh. Luckily I took some knitting and I now have 2 freshly knitted pink mittens. Pictures to follow. After that little adventure we taught Roshan He's still WIN!! We just talked about General Conference and watched the Restoration. He really liked it. He said he believes what we've been teaching him! He just needs time. Things are going really well with him. We're meeting him tonight and he's also soming to institute family home evening tonight. SO EXCITED!!! Thursday we had Zone Conference and it was SO GOOOOOOD!!!!!! The Assistants gave a really good message about companionship unity. The zone leaders talked about planning and that was inspiring. We got some great ideas and the Spirit was SUPER strong! Also lunch was good. The Zone Leaders cooked it and it was Thai food. The best part was that we got the leftovers because zone conference was here in Lund and it just so happens that we live here;). Friday was exciting because we were able to put our new planning ideas into practice. Friday is the day we hold our weekly planning session and it wa an especially good one. Friday evening we got to teach our investigator Mpoki. She's so cute! She grew up in the states but she's Tanzanian. I really think she has a testimony but she doesn't know it. We really pray hard for her because she's so wonderful! Yesterday was Fast Sunday and it was a good testimony meeting. Our first in this ward. I'm still trying to adjust here. Örebro ward felt like home to me. This place still feels so foreign! But I'll learn to love it...and then I'll get moved again. One testimony in particular really touched me. It was actually the mother of one of our teachers in the MTC, Sister Rönndahl. This mother has been a stay at home mom for 25 years and has recently needed to start working again and she HATES it! Mom, she made me think of you! Then I got all trunky and weepy and had to stop listening. After church she invited us over to their house for dinner. I love the Rönndahl family!!! It was such a great afternoon! Also their daughter who was Sister Sumner's MTC teacher (and mine for a week, but that doesn't count...she doesn't even remember my name. Actually that's not unusual...) was on skype and wanted to talk to us so Sister Sumner got to talk to her for a few minutes. Anyway, they're a WONDERFUL family and I want to take them home with me because mom, she would be your best friend!! Anyhow that's our week. Not too exciting...the work is going pretty slow. It's the double transfer. It's interesting training...or being trained. Sister Sumner is a great missionary and a really good example to me. Yes, I'm pretty good at the language so I can teach her that...but she's got everything else down! I really feel inspired to work harder than ever this transfer. We've already been working pretty hard and we've seen quite a few blessings. Found a few "golden contacts" and I can't wait to see what happens in the future. Sister Sumner has greenie magic that's for sure! I had a pretty cool experience in my personal study the other day. I've been reading the New Testament and I got to Hebrews 9 and 10 and it was wonderful! The New Testament hasn't spoken to me like that since I finished John. It was such a great tender mercy. I love the scriptures! They are the word of God! I know that if we read them and follow what they say then the Lord will bless us. I love you all sooooo much! Have a great week!
Love,
Syster Coleman
No comments:
Post a Comment