Thursday, March 12, 2009

She's gone she's outta here

Elisabeth is really at the MTC.



















On Wednesday at 11:30 she entered the Provo MTC to start her mission.

We were kind of a sad little trio as we pulled up to the MTC. Daren parked the car while Elisabeth and I stashed her bright red suitcases in a sea of black luggage. Afterwards we went to the front door and had a gal who was wearing the green suit from Dress Barn took our picture.














The green suit gal was going to Tucson and was from Alaska. We told her that she would love Tucson and further lied to her by telling her the weather was cooler than she had heard it would be in the summer.

Elisabeth went in one door that was just for her.


















Once inside she picked up her name tag with the orange dork dot.














We were instructed then to take our pictures in the lobby and then be done with pictures because we couldn't take anymore once we entered the big chapel type room.














We went down the hall and were escorted into a big chapel/hall and were sat on the front row. Elisabeth and I were trying not to cry and at one point she tearfully said. "I shouldn't be the one crying so much that green suit girl should be the one crying, she's going to Tucson". This took some of the pressure off and we were able to listen to the speakers and enjoy the speakers.
The missionaries were promised that if they jumped into their mission the minute they went out the doors marked "missionary exit" and if they decided at that time to put their all into their mission, they would be helped with comfort and would not be so homesick.
We had a closing prayer and hugged our sweet beautiful Sister Coleman one last time....

And we cried all he way back to Daren's sister Toni's house.
So here is her address for the next 9 weeks.

Sister Elisabeth Coleman
MTC Mailbox#116
SWE-STO 0511
2005 N. 900 E.
Provo, Utah 84604-1793

I will update her blog with her weekly letters.
By the way she truly was the most beautiful sister missionary there. I took a vote of all the people there and Daren and I agreed.

1 comment:

mollie said...

I agree she's the most beautiful sister missionary! She looks so grown up!

As for the Tucson missionary, I'm quite excited. I hope she gets assigned to our ward (our current missionaries are duds with a capital D!)